The dedication of All Saints Church was lost as a result of the parish records being burnt in the Great Fire of Blandford in 1731 and more being destroyed in the Bristol Riots of 1829. It is supposed that a church stood here in Saxon times and that it was replaced by the present building in the 12th century using materials from the original building. It has walls of heathstone rubble, partly rendered with ashlar dressings and a roof of tile and stone-slates. The church stands on a slight rise beside the river Stour. Later research has shown that it is not aligned true east and west but points to where, prior to 1752, the sun would rise on All Saints Day.
From the plan you will see that the nave is 12th century with the chancel probably dating from the 14th century. Late in the 15th or early in the 16th century the north porch was added and the nave was reroofed. Later in the 16th century the west wall was rebuilt and the western part of the roof was altered to allow the construction of a wooden bell turret. The present turret dates from the late 19th century. It was damaged by storms in 1984 when the wood was replaced with plastic cladding and the bell mountings repaired. In 1896 the north vestry was added and the chancel extended, the original east window being reset. The Porch was restored in 1900.